General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

4 week wait for my mammogram results

Storm in a teacup
Posted by

Hello, i had a very small lump 3 years ago, which was treated successfully, no complications at all.

So now I get a mammogram every year. The results letter usually comes back quite quickly. When I was there at the clinic the radiographer said to me I should get my results in about 2 weeks.

I rang the clinic last Friday, after 3 weeks. 

I was told 'the second doctor hasn't looked at the scan yet, but he should be looking at it today'. So I left it at that. I appreciate she couldn't tell me anything over the phone. But that was last Friday, a week ago, and I still haven't received a letter. I don't want to ring again. I expect they are very busy. 

Now I am not one to worry, but this is purgatory. 

4 weeks to wait for a results is just cruel. 

GRANNY59
Posted by

Hi Storminateacup welcome to he forum and sorry to hear how worried that you are.

Whilst it is purgatory for us, the wait,  the time-frame you are suggesting is not unreasonable unfortunately. I had my mammogram in February and was told it would be back in 6 weeks.

That said I had the thought in my mind that no news was good news as when I was picked up I got a letter a week later.

Its awful the waiting but hey I hope you have a bottle of Champagne on ice ready to celebrate the relief you will feel when this comes back and hopefully wont be too much longer now.

Sending some re-assuring hugs your way for now. xxx