General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

CIS Help

fhern01
Posted by

Hello

My story is 5 years ago I went to urologists (2) for symptoms of frequency and urgency every 2 hours.  cytology and cystoscopy came back negative, however, I still have the same symptoms.  I know that bladder cis could be invisible with white light cystoscopy.  I have been living in fear for 5 years that cis may have been missed since my symptoms remain the same.  Did i have enough of a workup to rule out this disease.  What were others symptoms  before being diagnosed with cis.  How was Cis identified.   If I had Cis would my symptoms have gotton worse after 5 years.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Frank

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi Frank and welcome to the online community

Could I suggest that you also post your question in the bladder cancer group, not because I think this is what your symptoms means that you have but because you're more likely to get replies from people who have experience with this.

If you'd like to join that group, click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens.To save you typing this introduction out again just copy and paste it into a new post in the bladder cancer group.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile, as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

rily
Posted by

Hi Frank . I am from the bladder group. CIS (carcinoma in situ) in the bladder is very fast growing. Untreated, it is likely to become invasive and spread. Symptoms would become more obvious with probably blood in urine. Have you seen a doctor more recently ? If not, I would recommend you see your GP and take a sample of urine for testing. In the meantime, drink water regularly to stop the urine becoming concentrated. Also avoid coffee and other caffeine drinks as they can irritate the bladder. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

fhern01
Posted by

thank you for your input