General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

Mylodysplasia and voice changes

Carder
Posted by

i wondered if anyone out there with MDS has experienced voice changes such as hoarseness or a constant need to clear ones throat.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the online community

I see that you joined the Community quite some time ago but haven't yet joined any groups although you replied to a couple of posts in the stem cell transplants for blood cancers group. I wondered if you joined and started a new post in that group if someone would be able to help you further.

If you're not sure how to get back to that group just click on the link I've created and then choose 'Join this group' on the page that opens. You can then post a message by choosing 'Start a discussion'.

I'm also going to tag my friend into my reply as he looks after a lot of the blood cancer groups and he can hopefully point you in the direction of the correct one to join.

When you have a minute could you pop something about your husband's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope this hoarseness and constant needing to clear your throat soon goes.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi again Grack , I don't have an real answer for you. But I did have similar 'clearing throat' issues and still have years after my SCT. You do need to repost this to his team just to check him out, I have had a few X-rays just to check but they put it down to me being open to infections and taking time to get over infections.

As you know we do have a few folks with MDS over in the SCT forum so why not post your question in the forum and see if you can get some hits.

We also have Jane, our Nurse who has experience in Stem Cell Transplant and post SCT aftercare and ask your question.

Just follow the instructions that has given you and post your questions.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela