General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

Delayed Diagnosis Database

yog
Posted by

Hi - does anyone know if there is a database where patients/relatives can record late or mis diagnosis experiences?.  The aim of this would be to provide information for future medical training and processes (not to sue doctors).  I can see a lot of resources for post diagnosis treatment but none for the pre-diagnosis learnings.

Leolady56
Posted by

That's an interesting one. I did use PALS when I had a wrong 'reply' from an oncologist and a friend has written to PALS because of a wrong diagnosis (that is in review at the moment). 

My complaint was reviewed and I received information telling me the oncologist had received further training. I received a full set of minutes from the interview he had and noted who was present etc etc. Which was fine by me.

I guess if PALS see a genuine issue they are bound to investigate

Hope this has added to your knowledge

Leolasy56 BC Group Champ

What is a Community Champion? How to add to you profile Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x