General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

If you could change anything to improve the experience you have had, through these times, since you were dianosed. What would it be, and why ?

Mala1098
Posted by

Is there any way of improving , how,  time limits,  waiting times, response times, that first meeting, with your Doctor/Consultant//Oncoligist, what would make the experience better.  To improve the systems we have at the moment, we have to look at how to make them better, for future patients.     Do you have an opinion, what did you expect your first visit ?.  Just make a list of actions you think will make this journey more easier for the next person who has to be told.  

Malcolm.
Northwesterly
Posted by

I have a very strong opinion. See my discussion called A Need for Better Chemotherapy. It’s time to be asking this question of all oncologists in my view.

Northwesterly
Mala1098
Posted by

I agree with you while h heartedly.  Let's move with the times and not stand still.

Malcolm.
Mala1098
Posted by

What do you think needs attention then?.

Malcolm.
Northwesterly
Posted by

There is a need to start using Therapeutic Dose Monitoring (TDM), sometimes known as Pharmacokinetic Dosing (PK Dosing) in the UK. The evidence says it improves outcomes whilst minimising side effects of chemotherapy for several chemo drugs and there is a recognised clinical need to do it. Time to do it then!

Northwesterly