General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

Relapse or new cancer

Sarstef
Posted by

Hello my name is Sarah. The father of my children was diagnosed with PMBCL in 2014. He eventually had an auto SCT and has been in remission for 4 years. Unfortunately the other day he found a lump and had swelling in one of his testicles which has been confirmed as Cancer. We are now waiting to find out if it’s Non Hodgkin lymphoma relapse or testicular cancer. I am terrified and extremely depressed. The doctor told him last time that if his lymphoma returns there’s no hope of a cure just prolonging him with chemotherapy. I’m just looking for some support/advice or anything right now as I’m so scared of my children losing their father who they adore. Thank you in advanced! 

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi sarstef and I am sorry to see you find the Online Community.

I am Mike  and I am dropping in past from our NHL and Stem Cell Transplant Forums to say there is always a 'what next'  I have lived with my rare type of NHL for over 19 years now and at the start I was told there was nothing they can do if the condition went wrong. Fast foward 14 years they were proved wrong after 750hrs of chemo and two Allo SCTs with cells from my brother I am in remission.

Keep talking with his team and asking what is next?.... are they checking with the national centres of excellence to see what the next plan is?

You will see links to the NHL and SCT forums at the bottom of my post - come over and introduce yourself.

Without conclusive information it's looking in a crystal ball so don't jump in with the worst case outcome, rather look for hiw this can be progressed in a positive way.

Highlander ((hugs))

Mike - living my new life and trying to make a difference

'Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny' C. S. Lewis

SCT    NHL    T Cell     Community Champion

Sarstef
Posted by

Hello Mike,

Thank you so very much for your reply. I’m so happy for you that you have proven them wrong. Hanging onto hope right now just the waiting game is horrible. 

Thanks

Sarah