General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

End Stages of Terminal Cancer - severe jaundice...what to expect next?

Nikki76
Posted by
walking on very thin egg shells springs to mind here! Worried about how its going to be when he gets back...and its not like I can drink to help me! lol (am Muslim)
peggysue
Posted by
hi nikki, just popped on, to see how you are? jackie xxxxxxxxxxxxx
boedaccia
Posted by
see email
xxxxx
foxie68
Posted by
Hi Nikki.

Just wondering how you & hubby are doing? Is he home yet?

Hope you are ok. Foxie
Nikki76
Posted by

Hiya Foxie

So sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, hubby and I are finally reunited - today actually. He is doing ok all things considering. His grief is still very very raw and I've advised him to see the Dr as I think he needs to be signed off work for a few weeks.

I'm just being there for him, listening to him, being gentle and letting him lead the grieving process..I think that I'm doing ok so far. He gave me two beautiful necklaces of Mama's and I broke down when I saw those as she wore one of them a lot and I remembered it on her and he said he couldn't think of anyone better to have something of hers which I treasure so much. He also has a tiny piece of her shroud which I've folded neatly and put with the necklaces

Hope you are doing ok?

Hugs

Nikki

foxie68
Posted by
I'm so glad he is back with you where you can support him, listen to him and hug him. How lovely that you have something to keep of hers so you feel closer to her always. It's lovely that it was special to her and it will of course be now special to you.

My Grandma and Granddad passed away some years ago and I've got a standard lamp of theirs, our house has not really got space for it, it doesn't really 'go' in the room but it was theirs and so I could never give it away.

I'm doing ok though worried about dad as he's still in hospital but I've gone on (and on and on) about that in a thread I started so I won't repeat it all here.

bye for now

Foxie
PegL
Posted by

Nikki76

My MIL in the end stages of terminal cancer....she's getting worse by the day and the latest is that she is so jaundiced that they have said she is the colour of french mustard...obviously the liver is failing...how long can people live with severe jaundice such as this? We are bracing ourselves for the worst over the next few days..

She hasn't been going unconscious at all though, just sleeping a lot and her breathing is very rattly...not everyone goes into a coma though do they?

Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance
Nikki

L1saM
Posted by

Hi can anybody give me some advice my friend had breast cancer and had breast removed last year diagnosed with liver cancer she had 5 lots chemo and clinical trail but she has gone very yellow pain in Upper stomach and constantly vomiting christies have admitted tonight am really worried she only 40 got children does this mean her liver cancer is getting worse she had five liaisons on liver that did go smaller with chemo but she has lost lot weight and feels really ill she has pain in her arm also please need advice if she getting worse am so worried she's my bestie for years ?????

Bagpuss134
Posted by

Hi nikki. I I've had a call today that my mil has days to live... I'm in limbo. I don't know what to do how to feel. She is been given morphine to keep her as comfortable as possible. The I'm the morning I have the 200mile journey to say our goodbyes but wot then??