General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

BOWEL CANCER STAGE IV THIRD LINE

SpinningTop
Posted by

Lonsurf

Hello,

I have just had the results of my latest scan (Stage IV Bowel Cancer with liver mets) it showed a tiny growth of 2-3mm in the tumour in my bowel. So Consultant said to stop the Irinotecan and Cetuximab before the tumours had chance to mutate and get started on the Lonsurf which has only recently been approved by Nice because of the cost. He assured me it actually worked better than Avstan.

I think I am on palliative chemo now. I don't understand why I can't have some treatments to cut this horrid thing out but I was told 'I would die on the table'

I think this is very scary as it is now third line treatment. All I want is for the damn thing to stop and settle down and stop growing. I don't mind the fact that I have cancer, all I want is time with my family. Is this possible??? or is it the beginning of the end.

I have already been on Oxalyplatin and the above which have not worked adequately.

My Consultant told me to stop taking the Chinese Herbs as well. I don't know but I have such confidence in Chinese Medicine and I am now not allowed to take it in case it inteferes with the chemotherapy.

I have decided now after all to go the the London Care Oncology Clinic after all and use this in combination with the Lonsurf as I don't think it can do any harm as all drugs used are everyday ones in combination. (Metformin, Simvastatin, Aspirin and another everyday drug I can't remember) Christie's will not go along with this as there hasn't been any Clinical Trials. Bugger that, it's not as if people like us have a choice or time to wait for a Clinicla Trial. I would accept anything that would give me hope at this time.

Love to hear off anyone in a similar condition. Normally I am very cheerful, still work full time on my own family business with three of my grown up children and husband but today, after waiting all week for the results, feeling decidedly down. Tomorow I hope I am onwards and upwards again and not thinking about it too much.
Although I have a new Grandchild expected in October and the thought of one out and one in is going through my mind.

Damn Damn bloody horrible thing. Whjy should we let a little 2" piece of Grot kill us!!!!!! So very unfair. With all the brains in the World working on this, why cannot we find a solution. Ebola was beat, HIV treatable and yet this horrible thing continues to plague so many people throughout the World defying eminent scientists. At least I am 60 years old. When I go to Christies I can't bear to see young people afflicted by this. Although I have never seen children at Christies, I am talking about twenty somethings who have not even had a life.

Anybody know anyting about Cyber knife treatment? Is it available on NHS and can it be used if you have liver mets?

Please do get in touch and let me know any info or if you are in the same boat. I never knew there was so many people going through this. It's like you refuse to acknowledge this horrid disease until you have no choice.

Lots of love and kisses to all of you in the same boat. Sherry :x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

Dreamthief
Posted by

Morning  

Sorry you have had no response to your questions, perhaps it is because there are a bit specific for this general cancer discussions area ?

Think you should join the very active Bowel Group here (link) create a new discussion and ask a few questions there as they will be the members with most experience of bowel issues to help you.

Hope this is of some help, G n' J