Express yourself

This is a space for self-expression, creativity, anything you might do to perhaps forget about cancer. Post photos of art, songs, poems, photos of any adventures you've been on - anything you like. Don't be shy, go ahead and express yourself!

my personal distraction technique!

maryanne68
Posted by

I used to write poetry, but dont seem to have the words these days. I now use my hands and let my head have a free rein. I find old pieces of occasional furniture and 'do them up' it helps me to unwind and distracts me from constant thoughts of being able to change the way things have turned out for my much loved mum. Hope you find them interesting if nothing else.

BevDL
Posted by

Hi Maryanne - what a beautiful table! I know where you are coming from - when my Mum was ill I had to find ways of unwinding & distraction. For me it was card making. Hope you & yours are ok, Bev xx

maryanne68
Posted by

this is table # 3 with rememberance day in mind.

RebeccaC - Macmillan

This is beautiful MaryAnne! Do you have photos of any others? I'd love to see them.

Rebecca x

maryanne68
Posted by

this is table #2 'butterflies'

maryanne68
Posted by

table #4 'shabby pink'

KevStaffs
Posted by

Hi Maryanne, welcome to the group,  I find your personal distraction very interesting, I do admire talent in whatever form it may take and your are clearly very talented, thank you so much for sharing these images of your beautiful creations.

If I may just say thank you for bringing something a little unusual to the group and being one of the early pioneers in that respect, this is the kind of thing I have wanted including In the The Scrap Book from the first basic idea.

Many thanks, Kev...