Express yourself

This is a space for self-expression, creativity, anything you might do to perhaps forget about cancer. Post photos of art, songs, poems, photos of any adventures you've been on - anything you like. Don't be shy, go ahead and express yourself!

Have I Learnt Enough ?

NellieJ
Posted by

Have I learnt enough to manage when they’ve gone?

When I learnt to walk there were hands to hold and pick me up.

On a bicycle there were stabilizers and finding my balance.

The swimming pools had floats and lifeguards

When I learnt to drive there was someone sitting beside me until I was safe alone.

With smoking I found out how hard it was to give up

On a motorbike  someone talked it through and  rode beside me.

Learning to be a grown up I had help to understand  the paperwork and bureaucracy of life and others to show me what to do.

And learning about love and relationships -  got there with a lot of fun and a few mistakes along the way.

My soul mate is dying and I’m looking at the person that taught me how to love and be loved fade away.  My hope is I’ve learnt enough,

That I’ll have hands that stop me falling,

Stabilizers and floats to keep me steady, 

Instructors and guides beside me, 

People to help with the paperwork,

And have faith that I will be ok without him and on my own even though it will be so hard to give him up.

buttercup01
Posted by

This is so beautiful NellieJ

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
NellieJ
Posted by

Thank you - hope you doing OK

buttercup01
Posted by

Yes, I'm between scans/ appointments at moment, so on an even keel lol 

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Sunflowers15
Posted by

Hello NellieJ, I just read this and had to comment its so beautiful x

Family mean more
Posted by

Hi,

I have just read this and love it, tears are rolling down my face as I lost my husband Ken of nearly 40 yrs on the 12/11/2018 but it feels just like yesterday and I am still unable to cope.

Heather

xx

Vulpes
Posted by

Thanks for articulating that xxx