We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Emotional issues

Cancer can be emotionally draining, but sharing your feelings can help you and others in your situation. Talk about it here.

Share a poem i wrote ( womanly sing me to sleep)

Shazam
Posted by

The summer was here but once a year, i laughed and explored such pleasures in dear. Then one day amidst my bloom, i looked at my curves in delude.I felt a spot, but not forgot, it would sing in my womanly sleep.

The joy i had known as accepting my woman, was to keep singing me to sleep. The spot grew and grew, and i could dream no more. What is this i implore.I try to leave my thoughts, but fight as i may, i know from within, it is not of the known.

I go to my docs, i try to think good, but the woman within keeps singing me to sleep. I am tested, i am poked, i m machined, i am coaxed, its a tumor i m told, there s no time to waste, it as to go you can t play host, but the woman within sings me to sleep.

I dream of my old self and yearn to stay, but a know i can party as host no more, it as to go. The days don t seem the same anymore, i repulse at the look of the increasing shriveled bump, and know the alien is in my womanly path, its me or it and it must go , and with it my womanly dreams and hopes and thoughts. What will i be when all this is over. I ll be me i thought, with turquoise eyes and inviting smile, and with hope alive.

But my alien wont get me, i will put up a fight, you wont beat me, be gone be gone, in the heart. I sleep now knowing, i did my best, but fate is forever, one big test. We gamble, we chance, in every avenue, i cut the cards and take the risks, outwitting, its like a game of charades. Sleep lady sleep your still you.

Written during Breast cancer by a survivor

Shazam

x