Emotional issues

Cancer can be emotionally draining, but sharing your feelings can help you and others in your situation. Talk about it here.

Struggling after Hubbys Protestectomy

Wifey007
Posted by

Hubby had surgery in March and had to have open surgery. They couldn't save the nerves and when hubby asked about me (being only 33) surgeon said you'll have to take tablets. Nothing else mentioned so after 4 months we mentioned it wasn't working and he then said nah they won't work (I think he had forgotten the previous appointment) and asked hubby what he wanted to try. We didn't know options so he mentioned the pump. That doesn't work either but I'm just upset that there is no support in my area and no one can help us get through the reality of this op. Its been 9 months in Dec. Hubby has zero libido as well. Anyways struggling mentally with it all.

One day at a time.
Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi so sorry to hear about the post treatment challenges around your husband.......you would think that life could move on but often its not the case.

I see that you have posted in the Prostate cancer group before and it may be worth posting this in the group as there lots of folks stick around and help out post treatments.

For you, talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing....... or phone our very helpful and supportive Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 

((hugs))

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela