Emotional issues

Cancer can be emotionally draining, but sharing your feelings can help you and others in your situation. Talk about it here.

Anybody know any good songs for emotional issues

greg777
Posted by

Hi everyone,

I find music helps me out sometimes and I'm always on the look out for new things.

I'm listening to Panic! at the disco's nine in the afternoon at the moment - seems to sum everything up for me at the moment - anybody suggest anything similar?

Cheers,

Greg

KTatHome
Posted by

Hello greg777, 

I don't know the song you have mentioned, my theme of the moment is "Thats Life" as sung by west life, frank Sinatra, or Michael Bouble. 

src60
Posted by

When Janice got out of hospital after her sepsis incident in 2011 I played "welcome home" by Peters & Lee.

<<hugs>>

Steve

dizzie-wh
Posted by

Hi All, 

Always think "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John is a good stomping song to blow the blues away!!

Love

Diz xx

Thomas255
Posted by

How about "Don't Worry Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin?

I learnt to play this on my ukulele (it's only 3 chords, C, Dm, F) and we sang it in a cancer support choir. Great fun!

www.youtube.com/watch

daloni
Posted by

Or as my deeply cynical Serb friends sing: don't happy, be worried. Ooh they're dark, some of them. 

Thomas255
Posted by

Here's a very nice rendition of Don't Worry Be Happy, with ukulele and guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU3AF_UHO5A

That's the version I used for inspiration when learning it :-)

Tom.

greg777
Posted by

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions, definitely some good ones for me to get my teeth into! The thread got me thinking that sometimes maybe we need to be in a certain head space to appreciate a song - like something you hear one time in life could have no effect at all, then at another is exceptionally powerful - interesting.

All the best to everyone,

Greg

Bridport22
Posted by

Hi Greg. Sorry to hear  you are leaving our team.

When I lost my husband 5 years ago I turned on the radio and heard for the 1st time Jenni Bostic  singing Jealous of the Angels. It was just so beautiful and apt.  Definitely worth a listen. 

Good luck  with your new career.

Piker1964
Posted by

Pariah by Steven wilson. Such a sad song but has a message of hope. Beautiful lyrics. And wonderful female vocals offering hope to pariah. First time I heard it I cried. Have a listen. Even if only once. 

Patricia162377
Posted by

Hello, Greg

Sorry you are leaving. I hope you are moving on to bigger and better things.

I have a few songs that I enjoy...

Love is the Boat, You Raise Me Up AND

ROAR, by Katy Perry!

Sending good wishes to you,

seville
Posted by

I have fallen head of heels in love with this song - give it a chance and stick it out - some in French - rather romantic!

One for my wife to connect to when she hears it....

open.spotify.com/.../4ihyZPJ4Jk08TztFJMiwpC

"In my arms" by Johnnyswim and Georgica Pond

bakersdozen13
Posted by

greg777

Hi everyone,

I find music helps me out sometimes and I'm always on the look out for new things.

I'm listening to Panic! at the disco's nine in the afternoon at the moment - seems to sum everything up for me at the moment - anybody suggest anything similar?

Cheers,

Greg

greg777

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Greg

greg777

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Greg

greg777
Posted by

Hi Bakersdozen13,

You should post the poems in one of the other group's on this website "The Scrapbook" if you want to - I love writing as much as music, and love to read others' work

All the best,

Greg

bakersdozen13
Posted by

greg777

Hi Bakersdozen13,

You should post the poems in one of the other group's on this website "The Scrapbook" if you want to - I love writing as much as music, and love to read others' work

All the best,

Greg