Emotional issues

Whether it is you or someone close to you who has been diagnosed with cancer, you’re likely to experience many emotions. Sharing your feelings can help you and others in your situation. Talk about it here.

When you need care straight away

Cannon
Posted by

Hi,I would just like to say...Macmillan have been wonderful and this online Community has saved my panicky bacon!

Over Easter I needed to talk to my BCN about stuff and the only way they would answer my questions was to see me in person...which I understand...but it meant waiting a week for an appointment and a long tiring journey(I don't have a car).In the meanwhile I was panicking as I had read something somewhere(!)and it was upsetting me.(my GP had passed me onto my cancer team,and my Cancer team (a male Surgeon)was being less than helpful and passed me onto my BCN.Full Circle.!
Anyway...during that week,I received 2 booklets in the post from a Macmillan volunteer,got some very helpful advice on here,and eventually (after a week)managed to speak to a different BCN who yesterday answered my questions over the phone!i got her name and will ask for her again.As I am a Panicky Person I just want to share this coz there are others(I know who you are!)and I don't want you to be in the same boat.Dont be put off by the first answer ..if it doesn't Calm You Down,ask and Kepp Asking!!xxx
Kacang
Posted by

Good to hear Cannon. Best thing is that it looks like you got the answers you needed.

Cannon
Posted by

Thankyou so much X