New mum and cancer

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

This morning I've woke up feeling bitter and angry. I'm 29 recently diagnosed with breast cancer and have a 6 month old baby. 

I was diagnosed with cancer last month and so far have been feeling strong but today I don't. I'm 2 chemotherapies in and my hair has started falling out ( after trying the cold cap ) and I'm struggling to hold it together and be a mum. Last night I felt really unwell and had to have my husband take time off work to look after my son. 

I feel angry that I'm not strong enough to be the mother I imagined I'd be ( my husband is amazing but being a full time mother is my job and want in life) .

I feel angry that I'm putting so much pressure on my husband, he works so hard and still comes home to care for us. 

I'm so worried if my husband continues to need time off work that we won't manage to pay our bills and the pressure off my diagnosis and new family life will be too much for him. 

I just feel really angry that this is the card in life we have been delt instead of being able to enjoy young family life 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

Congratulations on the birth of your baby! It must be a very exciting time for both you and your husband. However, I do understand how angry you feel that you've recently been diagnosed with breast cancer.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting a couple of other groups for you to join. The first is the main Breast cancer forum and the second is the Breast cancer for the under-50s forum. In both of these groups you can ask questions, share experiences and get support from others with breast cancer.

To join either or both just click on the links I've created and then choose 'click to join' on the pages that open. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting '+New' or '+' (depending on the device you're using) and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"