1 st chemo cycle done

Hi everyone,

my 1 st chemo cycle  ends tomorrow :) up to now its not been to bad have had a few rough days feeling sick,tired and a few times I was sick but other then that its been ok, just hope it stays this way x 

Best wishes to you all x

• Fingers crossed for you. What chemo regime are you taking? oxaliplatin, capecitabine (and maybe avastin) at a guess? I found the anti-nausea pills they gave me (ondansetron I think) were pretty effective, I was never actually sick. Only had three cycles though, it wasn't doing much to the cancer.

• Hi, yes I'm on oxaliplatin and capecitabine tablets I had metoclopramide for the sickness the first 5/6 days were the wworst for me. I have 7 more cycles to go if all goes well. Sorry to hear it wasnt doing anything did they try a different chemotherapy for you  x

• Yeah the first week after the oxaliplatin is worst. Let them know what happened and don't be afraid to make a fuss, there are lots of different anti-nausea drugs you can try and sometimes you just need to find one that works for you. I was quite lucky, was just really tired and got hand/foot syndrome from the capecitabine but OK otherwise.

I have a slow-growing cancer which is paradoxically harder to treat - I was told the more aggressive stuff is sometimes easier to get with chemotherapy. I had chemo as a stop-gap before surgery but no-one really expected it to do a lot. Been 6 months since surgery, still in limbo, but no more chemo for now at least.