Chemotherapy

A support group for everything about chemotherapy, being treated and side effects. Tell others about your experiences and get answers to your questions.

1 st chemo cycle done

claire p
Posted by

Hi everyone,

my 1 st chemo cycle  ends tomorrow :) up to now its not been to bad have had a few rough days feeling sick,tired and a few times I was sick but other then that its been ok, just hope it stays this way x 

Best wishes to you all x

DeusEx
Posted by

Fingers crossed for you. What chemo regime are you taking? oxaliplatin, capecitabine (and maybe avastin) at a guess? I found the anti-nausea pills they gave me (ondansetron I think) were pretty effective, I was never actually sick. Only had three cycles though, it wasn't doing much to the cancer.

"This world is spinning around me, 

This world is spinning without me and

Every day sends future to past,

Every breath leaves me one less to my last.

claire p
Posted by

Hi, yes I'm on oxaliplatin and capecitabine tablets I had metoclopramide for the sickness the first 5/6 days were the wworst for me. I have 7 more cycles to go if all goes well. Sorry to hear it wasnt doing anything did they try a different chemotherapy for you  x

DeusEx
Posted by

Yeah the first week after the oxaliplatin is worst. Let them know what happened and don't be afraid to make a fuss, there are lots of different anti-nausea drugs you can try and sometimes you just need to find one that works for you. I was quite lucky, was just really tired and got hand/foot syndrome from the capecitabine but OK otherwise.

I have a slow-growing cancer which is paradoxically harder to treat - I was told the more aggressive stuff is sometimes easier to get with chemotherapy. I had chemo as a stop-gap before surgery but no-one really expected it to do a lot. Been 6 months since surgery, still in limbo, but no more chemo for now at least.

"This world is spinning around me, 

This world is spinning without me and

Every day sends future to past,

Every breath leaves me one less to my last.