Chemotherapy

A support group for everything about chemotherapy, being treated and side effects. Tell others about your experiences and get answers to your questions.

Paclitaxel and carboplatin chemo

Randoma
Posted by
Hi girls, so good to be in touch with you. Pain relief suggestions from my little world on the second round - I started paracetamol and ibuprofen the night of chemo (Monday) then added tramadol to the paracetamol last night (Wednesday) and so far it's been less gruesome than the first round.. I got Omeprazole for the heartburn and max strength gaviscon as well and that is really helping. Bowels a bit bunged up today, I'm about to get the movicol out as I think the tramadol hangs around spacing me out..... not much sleep last night even with tramadol but it does lessen the pain and relax me which is much better. Looking forward to friend and her kids coming for lunch which I couldn't have thought about at this stage last round. All the best to you all.... R x
Daizydoo
Posted by
Hi Nita glad things are going well, fingers crossed for your bloods today. That sounds a great idea tomorrow. I'm booked in for CT at 8.30 so with the wait and the lovely drink don't suppose I will be out before 10. Will try to send you a private message to give you my mobile number then when you know what chair you are in I will definitely come up and see you. If I'm finished first I will go and have a coffee in the cafe to wait for your text. Hopefully see you tomorrow, keep positive. Now I will try to find out to private message you lol....Love ....Pat ...xx
scrampie
Posted by

Hi Pat

its been postponed tomorrow, my blood cell count is only 1.1 so they are giving me the next dose on Monday the 7th!! also, they are lowering the dose........I'm fine with it all as one of my main symptoms stopped happening on day 9 after the 1st dose.....the 'doc' was surprised and pleased and he said that he's glad I am feeling so well on the treatment. Its a mystery really to hubby and I.....the fact that I feel so well yet my neutriphils are so low. Oh well we can plan a few days away next week now instead of the week beginning 7th as we had previously thought. Going down to the Isle of Wight as we have some friends who live there. Need a break....you know the score....so we meet not this time Pat maybe another time hey....good luck tomorrow. love to you Nita xx

Nita

Daizydoo
Posted by
Hi Nita, how annoying for you but on the other hand will allow you a break to recharge the batteries and come back fighting fit. My sister was the same a few months ago, felt well but neutrophils low...who knows?? Sorry I won't see you tomorrow, maybe after your little holiday we could meet up somewhere other than Christies. I remember you saying you live about 30 mins away, I live in Poynton, is that anyway near you ? Anyway have a lovely time, keep in touch and hopefully we will meet up soon. Sending love and best wishes. I have just sent a friend request on this site if you can find it.lol......Pat....xx
vogele
Posted by

Thanks so much, Nita. Spoke to my oncologist today regarding all the side effects I'm experiencing at the moment. Don't have much energy, though. However, I'm allowing myself as much rest as I need at the moment. Hope your third chemo cycle is going okay. Mine starts next week Friday. Feels I'm only coming out of the last one and here we go again. Never mind. Neuralgia still there... Not much pain relief for this one. Soon Phoenix

Daizydoo
Posted by
Hi Nita, how are you? Did you have a good time in the Isle of Wight? Has your next cycle of chemo taken place yet? Sorry so many questions. I'm at Christies on Tuesday for the results of my last CT scan, still no news on my radiotherapy treatment, just hoping they can tell me something on Tuesday. Hope you are keeping strong and positive, love and best wishes....Pat..xx
scrampie
Posted by

hi Pat, good to hear from you again.

Had my 3rd chemo last monday my neutriphils had gone up from 1.1 to 2.6 so they went ahead although they lowered the dose slightly. gave me a further supply of ijections to boost my antibodies and have used them....now 1 week later am feeling more 'normal'. Been 'fluey' and pains in legs(you know)...

Its taken longer to recover than the 1st and 2nd times which I am putting down to the injections( my macmillan nurse says they can gave side effects) Overall I can't complain, I think I am overcoming the treatment remarkably well compared to the suffering I read about on this forum.

The isle of wight was brilliant we had a lovely time and we intend to take more breaks in between treatments.

I am praying for good news re your scan. xxx best love .xxxxxxxNita

Nita