Chemotherapy

A support group for everything about chemotherapy, being treated and side effects. Tell others about your experiences and get answers to your questions.

Is anyone onTAC?

Burrwood
Posted by

Hi

I  am having 6 cycles of TAC having been found to have breast cancer with lymph node involvement. I am not sure why I am on TAC - everyone else I hear of is on FEC or FEC x3 and Taxol x 3.

Have just had number 5 and have coped well so far but now really fed up. Feel awful for longer and can't face the last one.

Burrwood

kaz1234
Posted by

Hi, i think that tac is just another name for it. I had FEC-T which was 3 x fec and 3 x tac, but at the hospital where is i had chemo they didnt call it tac they called it 'docetaxol' which is just another name for it.

You can do the last one, you have gone this far and i know it builds up in your system but get the strength from somewhere, rest loads and know that in a few weeks you will feel better.

Take care Love Kaz x

Joanna678
Posted by

Hi

My mum is on TAC, i think it is quite a new mix of drugs and one of the strongest, that's what the oncologist said to us anyway, which i guess is good. My mum has only had one and she was ok, her hair has just come out today, nearly 3 weeks after the first session.

Does it get a lot harder after each session? Hope you get through your last session ok, just think how you will feel when its all over!

Good luck, Jo x 

orcamax
Posted by

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with Breast cancer which involved the lymh nobes in November 2010, I needed to have FEC-T, which started on the 17th Jan, so I still have 5 to go.

On sunday I noticed that my hair has stareted to fall out. I have heard that the docetaxol can or might cause bone pain, which does not sound good, but i will deal with that when the time comes.

Hope your last one goes ok, and you will feel better after a few weeks. There is light at the end of the tunnel.....  :-)

Take care

Maxine

Burrwood
Posted by

Glad to hear someone else is on TAC.

My hair took 3 weeks to fall out and I still have some. It's very cold but my children (4 of them) all prefer me not to wear a wig

Side effects for me have been slightly different each time which was not what I was told to expect. On the whole can manage them. I think now in cycle 5 I just want to get a life back. I have 4 weeks radiotherapy to come but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope ythings go well for your Mum

Burrwood