Chemo, covid, and a 4 year-old

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi all, we’re new to these forums but not new to cancer. Second time around for my wife who was diagnosed with a new breast cancer again in the summer, two years after the first.

She’s now undergoing 4 rounds of chemotherapy and we’re doing our best to avoid any risk of catching covid. The problem is, we have a young son who will turn four next week. Keeping him entertained and active now the summer is over is getting harder each day. We’re keeping him home and simply don’t want to risk him or any of us mixing with others. Kids aren’t so good at social distancing and not touching their face.

Are there any other families in the same position? Other than walks in the park (while avoiding the playground), we’re struggling for ideas. Any advice or tips much appreciated!

Thank you.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your wife has again been diagnosed with breast cancer. I know what a worrying time this will be for you.

I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies and thought I'd suggest that you also joined and posted in the family and friends group where you are more likely to get a response to your question about how to keep your young son occupied. If you'd like to do that clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your wife's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you. I will do that.