Hair loss

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi all 

so chemo is completed 7/8  fuzzy fingers and toes and Uti problems cancelled last cycle. Managed the cold cap thru out all cycles but from cycle 6 lost 85% of hair. 
what are people using for scalp care and is there anything for regrowth enhancing of hair 

thank you for reading

• Hi, well done for managing the cold cap. Sorry it didn't save your hair. 

I had 5 of 6 cycles. Oncologist decided to not do 6th due to various side effects. 

I lost all my hair from day 10 of the first cycle~and I do mean ALL from every part of my body! My last chemo session was end of March and my hair is back and although still short it's very thick.

I found my head was very itchy when my hair started o grow back and I used Ozalys which did help a bit. 

• Good morning Nina65

I just completed 6 rounds of Carbotaxel and shaved my hair off within the 1st 2 weeks back in june so l could donate it. I quite liked the look at first. I was surprised how dark it had been at the roots.  But now it looks silver and so fine sprouting at all different lengths. It looks awful, although l dont mind the colour.

You say your hair has grown back thick since march. Have you left it to grow these past 6 months? Did it start off wispy and then thicken up. I'm not sure which way to go now. To cut or not to cut?

Anyway l really hope you are ok now and over the chemo x

LouEbelle Heart