Food cravings! MEAT! Why????

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Anyone else have very strong food cravings!  I currently want to eat meat all day long! 
I wonder why this is.  On 4 of 6 FOLFOX. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

mine are crumpets with a little cheese melted on them and jelly tots.  Just finished 8 of 8 docetaxel today (yay)

• Hi 

Know nothing of FOLFOX regime but yes, food fads while on chemo are very common. Some blame the steroids for kick starting this, some say it is a taste / smell issue but it is considered normal with most chemo types. Even things you never really fancied can find themselves back on the menu Slight smile

Some of the cravings I have come across over the years in the breast group are.... Bone Broth, Roast meat (of any type) Curries, Ice lollies/ice poles, Sherbet sweets, Parma violets, Jelly and/or Ice cream and many more...

I suppose you have to be careful with some cancer types like intestinal but as long as it isn't going to do you any harm treat is as temporary phase.

Bacon Roll anyone ?  G n' J

Jelly tots and melted cheese is so wrong - Oh I see what you mean Hugging

and congrats on finishing your Docetaxel Thumbsup

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

We'll done. I've just finished 13 chemo treatments, FEC and Paclitaxel. It's a great feeling to get to the end isn't it?! Have a craving for a very well fried pork chop but not had one yet.

Babs Hearts