Chemotherapy

A support group for everything about chemotherapy, being treated and side effects. Tell others about your experiences and get answers to your questions.

Allergic reaction to Herceptin

Babs1313
Posted by

Can anyone help? I had an awful reaction to Herceptin yesterday and really don't want it again. Had it by IV. Didn't get through it all before it started coming out at both ends. I was freezing and started to shake. The nurses stopped the infusion immediately and gave me lots of fluids. Had anyone had a similar reaction and can tell me if an alternative can be prescribed?

Thank you, Babs

Every day is a new day
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that you had an allergic reaction to Herceptin recently and I can understand that you wouldn't want to go through that again.

I can't help with your question but noticed that your post hadn't had any responses. Could I suggest that you also post this in the breast cancer group, as it's a much busier one than this one. That group also has a specific chemotherapy thread where you can ask questions relating to that type of treatment.

Wishing you all the best

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Babs1313
Posted by

Hi Latchbrook, thanks I will. I wondered if I was the only one who's had a reaction.

Babs

Every day is a new day