Chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

hi

am asking for your experiences please. My wife had CNS lymphoma 2yrs ago and went through matrix chemo and stem cell transplant and recovered well. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in May this year and has just finished 4 3weekly cycles of ec chemo. She is about to start weekly chemo of paclitaxel with carboplatin every 3 weeks. Please can anyone who has had this chemo tell how the side effects and fatigue compare to the ec chemo. I appreciate everybody reacts differently but your comments on what to expect may offer some reassurance as she is starting to get agitated and I want to do all I can to pacify her.

many thanks in anticipation 

• Hi 

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is getting very agitated at the thought of starting paclitaxel with carboplatin. I haven't had any form of chemotherapy but noticed that your post had gone unanswered so thought I'd see if I could offer any help.

I don't know if you've seen the reply from Lacomtekp to the same question that you posted in the breast cancer group recently. If not, clicking on this link will take you there. She mentions in her reply that your wife might find the monthly breast cancer chemo thread a useful place to look for advice and clicking on this link will take you to the September one that has been started today.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your wife's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"