Home chemo - seeking opinions

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi All

I’m new to this group having had chemotherapy treatment confirmed in the past few days. 

I will be having either 6 cycles every 3 weeks or possibly 4 cycles every 2 weeks followed by 4 cycles every 3 weeks. 

As I am in the lucky position to be going through this on private medical insurance I have the option to get my chemo treatment at home. 

Have others done this? How did it go? I’m a bit concerned about feeling isolated. 

Thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya  i noticed you had no replies so wondered if you posted the same question in the May 2019 Breast Cancer Chemotherapy Chat Group there may be someone in there who will be able to help you out.

I had my chemotherapy at hospital and i would say the down side was the traveling there and back and the waiting, they never ran on time. But i did like the fact of having others to chat to while i was having my treatment and more often than not having a laugh. I also liked the fact there was a pharmacist there who could write up a prescription for things there and then and i could pick them up from the hospital chemist before i went home.

Is there no way you can try at home and swap to hospital if you start to feel isolated? or try hospital and if it gets too much swap to home??

Whichever you choose i hope it goes well xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks for the heads up