PEMETREXED AND CARBOPLATIN TREATMENT

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

I was diagnosed with lung cancer about a year ago and eventually put on Pembrolizumab treatment.

the fist six treatments went very well but after five of the second round of treatments after the fifth one they stopped my treatment as it had stopped working so will have had no treatment for nine weeks when I return to see my consultant about the new treatment which will be PEMETREXED AND CARBOPLATIN.

The one good thing about this is that my taste and appetite have come back wich help as after losing a lot of weight I have to put on weight before I start my new treatment.

I would like to hear from anyone who has gone through or still going through this treatment to find out how it went with them.

Bob

• Hi and welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

It must have been very disappointing to be taken off your original treatment after initial success but it's great that your team has something else lined up. I haven't had this treatment, so can't tell you anything about it, but I noticed that your post had gone unanswered.

Could I suggest that you join and post this question in the lung cancer group as I'm sure there'll people in that group who will have had or know about this treatment.

To join the group just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then post your question by selecting 'start a discussion' and also respond to existing posts by choosing 'reply'.

When you have a moment it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Wishing you all the best with your new treatment

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Many thanks for all the info.

I did as you suggested to see what to put in my profile hopefully I did it right.

all best wishes.

bob