Chemotherapy

A support group for everything about chemotherapy, being treated and side effects. Tell others about your experiences and get answers to your questions.

Starting chemo on weds

Dee73
Posted by

Hi, had a mx 4 weeks ago and the pathology report found 3 tumours of 5, 2.5 and 0.8 which threw me as it was only 1 at first and was expecting to start radio.

I met with oncologist on Monday and suggested the best way forward is 6 cycles of chemotherapy 3 cycles of E&C and 3 of T instead of the radio which came as a bit of a shock and especially as it’s starting next week.

I really haven’t had much time to get my head in the right frame of mind as it’s been like a whirlwind the last few days  and iwanted to see if there’s any words or wisdom that can help me. I haven’t even had time to think about losing hair and how that will make me feel and being sick and tired. Is there a group for people just starting chemotherapy this month? Any replies will be greatly appreciated x

Leolady56
Posted by

Chemo Breast Cancer Group if you click on this link it will take you to a group we set up every month for people who are having chemo as part of their breast cancer treatment plan. The opening page will have lots of good advice and every page is filled with caring and supportive people. 

If you want to add anything click on the REPLY button on the last post and join in the chat

I know you will find succour from this and lots of virtual hugs are sent regularly

I hope to find you have got to the link

Make you a priority in your life

Leolady56

What is a Community Champion? How to add to you profile Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Dee73
Posted by

Thank you so much for your reply my treatment has been put back a week as I have an infection but met the girls today and feel a lot better than I did thanks for the reply xx