Chemotherapy

A support group for everything about chemotherapy, being treated and side effects. Tell others about your experiences and get answers to your questions.

Chemo delayed

harebrained1302
Posted by

Hi just wondered if anyone out there has had to delay there chemo a week to ten days?

Just worried cancer will start to grow again! xx

LizzieAnn63
Posted by

Hi - I’ve only just joined this group tonight but just wanted to say that I’m having weekly chemo for inflammatory breast cancer and after the first 2 treatments I had a delay of a week because I had an infection in my PICC line. I was extremely worried about the delay but was reassured by the Oncologist, the doctors who treated my infection and the nurses that it would not be a problem and that setbacks often happen. I’ve since had 2 more treatments (number 4 yesterday) and am back on track. I am lucky to be receiving excellent treatment on the NHS so am confident that they know what they are doing. I hope this reassures you. My sister-in-law (who has recently had the 5 years all clear) had her treatment delayed three times for over a week for various reasons and also said that unfortunately delays happen. Please try not to worry too much ( easy to say but harder to do I know) but ask the people who are involved in your care (I constantly ask and they are happy to help) 

Best Wishes xx 

harebrained1302
Posted by

Thank you for your reply.... my chemo is every 3 weeks have HER2+ Breast Cancer

Just finished 3 EC Chemo sessions 

Next 4 sessions are Trastuzumab/Pertuzumab/Docetaxel so hopefully not too bad (heard a few scary stories on here though, but I know everyone reacts differently.

Delay of 11 days now due to wisdom tooth extracted(infection) and waiting on app for Contrast Echo

Oh well onwards and upwards xxx

bellabongo
Posted by

Hi,

Every chemo I've had this year has been delayed by a week making it a four week cycle instead of three, due to waiting for my white blood cells to recover. Except after cycle number two I had an eight week gap to get my heart checked out. I had chemo number five today

My onc said they delays wouldn't matter. Confusing, I know, but there you are.

As you say, upwards and onwards!

Love, Alison xxx