Chemotherapy

A support group for everything about chemotherapy, being treated and side effects. Tell others about your experiences and get answers to your questions.

Chemotherapy and COPD

Baganowt
Posted by

Hi everyone,

Would anyone have any experience with undertaking chemotherapy whilst having COPD? My Dad has recently been diagnosed with colon cancer and cannot start chemo until he is well enough. He has COPD so is on oxygen and has recently had a chest infection. He’s starting to get a little frustrated naturally as he feels he’ll never be fit enough for Chemo, any advice or experiences you’ve had?

thanks you, Bags x

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  

I can understand that your dad must be feeling very frustrated that he can't start his chemo yet. 

I don't have any experience with this but noticed that your post had gone unanswered. By replying to you it will bump it back to the top of the page where someone with the experience you seek may see it and be able to reply.

I see that you have also joined the bowel cancer group and it may be worth your while to post this there as well.

Best wishes to both you and your dad

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?