Second HIPEC operation

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hello, newbie here.

Hubby had initial Bowel Cancer diagnosis Feb 2017. He’s had a subtotal colectomy, Various Chemo’s and immunotherapy, liver resection, and Peritoneal disease treated with HiPEC. March this year saw more lesions on his liver and Covid prevented treatment, July saw doubling of lesions and size and after more to-ing and fro-Ing he is now about to undergo a second HiPEC surgery. Is there anyone on here who has had this twice? I’ve been by his side every step of the way and I’ve just had to leave him in the hospital and I won’t be able to see him immediately after surgery as they don’t know if he’ll be in Intensive care or High dependency after surgery and it’s unlikely I’ll get an appointment to see him the following day as apparently they go fast. I’m at my wits end and I’m finding very little information available. 

• Hi , I'm sorry to see how things are going. I can't offer any information I'm afraid, but it might help to call the helpline on 0808 808 0000 for expert information.

Love and hugs,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you