Feeling sad

• 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers

My dad was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and prostate cancer in May at the same time. Prior to this life was fab. We are a very close family and I love my dad to pieces. I took over his main care as my mum was also dealing with her mum who had a bad fall and broke her hip and is now on end of life care. I attend all dads appointments and offer emotional and practical support. I’ve carried on working as a TA in school and yesterday I had a bit of a breakdown and was sent home. I now have a sick note for 4 weeks. I just feel so sad. I keep crying. I feel unstable. My husband is amazing and I have friends too who are very good to me but I just feel unable to cope. I’ve spoken to the doctor and she has given me the time off and asked me to call if I need more help. I just feel like running away. I want it all to go away. 

• Babyjue - so sorry you find yourself here. It’s very hard, particularly going through all of this alongside CoVid-19 and all of the restrictions it brings. It’s sounds to be that you have an amazing GP who has recognised that you need a bit of time to perhaps try and come to terms with things. Caring is exhausting, as is working in education at the moment. Be kind to yourself, try to have some time for yourself to recharge, do something which makes you happy - walking works for me! When you feel a little better within yourself, you will have the strength to once again support your Dad. Take care x

• Thankyou for your reply. Had a chat with hubby and feeling a little better. I will take some time to look after me whilst caring for dad. It’s just crap that he has to deal with this in the first place. It’s good to find a place where people understand xx I hope you are ok too, take care xxxx