Nice things to do for a loved one who is terminally ill

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi all,

My Nan is unable to have any treatment and we are looking at short months.

I am trying to think of some lovely things to do to make her happy and make some special memories. She is basically bed bound due to the location of her tumor but can communicate as normal. It's hard to think of things that are still positive but meaningful. Don't want to upset her but make her feel loved.

Ideas so far;

-Getting in touch with people from her past to visit (old family friend)

-Each loved one writes a card about things they love about her and special memories

-She doesn't fancy us writing her life story but I was thinking we each write a question for her and she can pick one out of a bowl as and when she fancies

-I have contacted someone from a TV show she likes and they are sending her something in the post 

Any other ideas? Don't want to regret not doing something whilst we have the time now.

Thanks 

• Hi KR160988
    Did your nan like having her nails done that's a nice thing to have done or a hand massage would make her maybe feel a bit better. She may like a foot massage as well these are all things that can be done for her whilst she is in bed.

Have you had a chat with your nan about your idea as she may have some ideas herself .

Hope you manage to make what time is left as special as you can and Im sure that your nan will love it all because its coming from you. x

gail

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya,

We made my mum a jigsaw of family photos which we've been slowly working on each day.

It gives us a chance to remember and chat about about all the good times we had together

There are many companies but I recently used MyPhotoPuzzle

Cheers

Mairi