Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

My mom as cancer and just wonder if carrer can have support. Since mom as had cancer I have not had any help and the help we have had I am fighting to get,  I feel like I am banging my head.  My mom is on her own and I am a lonely child also working. I would like advice from anyone  were I go from here, many thanks

• hi ,

absolutely carers can get support, though with covid things might be a bit more challenging at the moment. I did a living with less stress course through maggies the best bit for me was learning to appreciate what I have now rather than what that strange dark future in a state perhaps of pre-greif I was living in.

You might find it helpful to look at our guide on supporting a loved one with cancer as I am sure you might find some tips on there. The helpline here will support you to if you need and we can also contact carers uk.

Hopefully your employer will also have policies in place that can help support you as you support your mum, do talk to your manager or HR department if you have one as they can be very understanding if we let them.

If you like you can also join the group here that matches your mum's cancer, they will be able to give advice more directed to that type and it can be helpful to talk about people at different stages of their pathway with cancer.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to src60

Hi

Thanks Steve much appreciated though work have not been understanding at all. I have had a lot of issues with them. TBH I felt like ending it all with no support work where like in a short quick way get over it !! They  just want me to work not worrying about mom, more to the story  but to long.  I will look through hear though 

Take care