sister 72, carer for 50 years, in and out of hospital last 3 days dont know whats going on

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

I've  looked after my sister since I was 12 years old, brain tumour,r fits, manic episodes, Addison's disease, diabetes insipidus untreatable lung cancer she has been admitted to a hospital   twice in 3 days and sent home, she does have a dnr in place having agreed this after a fit and fully com. hospital after all these years without help  sending in 3 nurse visits a day but when they come nothing to do because I have already done it. this HELP will stop tomorrow, I don't know when she wants to pee, drink, get into bed so I do it and now no help EXHAUSTED

• Hi , so sorry to read this; you have been working so hard for so many years i can understand how you would be exhausted. From what you say it would seem the help you were getting was not particularly effective and it is perhaps important that you consider your own health, are you in contact with your GP? Have you managed to have any kind of break for you? 

Hospital might not be the best place for anyone who does not need to be there at the moment but is there any other support setting that could take care of your sister so you get a chance to recharge?

Hope you manage to find some help.

<<hugs>>

Steve 

Community Champion Badge