Hi anyone out there

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

My husband had a lump under his chin, we were joking one day and next thing we knew that he has Head and Neck cancer and Thyroid cancer. But if you are here reading this you all have had the same worries like us after being diagnosed. Now we are thinking the best option, reading and researching about the side effects of chemo and radiotherapy, here is the thing, our main concern is as my husband is a paraplegia and he is a wheelchair user, he has no sensation below his waist down. He is prone to have pressure sores, and bladder infection regularly. I am so worried about how he is going to cope with his previous issues combining with the effects of chemotherapy. Is there anyone in this group have the same position like us, please give us any advice? I felt so lost. 
thanks.

• Hi and welcome to Carers,

Oh my, what a plateful. I'm not in the same situation but there are nearly always unwanted side effects. The only thing I can suggest is calling the Helpline, they're experts and are very understanding. Sorry I can't help any more, my heart goes out to you.

Love and hugs,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• Hi ,

Just another thought, you could try Carers UK, they give a lot of support.

Hugs,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LoobyLou49

Will do. Thanks for the advice. I have to put brave face in front of  him, but it is quite daunting for us.
    thanks