Finally been given a Time Frame.

• 10 replies
  • 48 subscribers

As some people may know from reading post's I have written or answered My Wife, Lover, Best Friend, My Everything has Small Cell Lung Cancer. She was diagnosed in February 2019 and told it was Palliative Care only. We were given the option of No Treatment or Strong Chemotherapy Drugs that would knock a Horse Down. We took the Chemo Route as my Wife wanted everything to extend her life as long as possible. She had 6 liters of Etopiside and 6 litres of Carboplatin over a period of 18 weeks. She ended up Neutropenic after the first 2 liters and was admitted to hospital. She recovered and finished the rest of her Chemo with Great results. The tumor had shrunk drastically so it was advised to have Radiotherapy. 20 shots to the Chest and 8 to the Head. This was done over 20 days and what a horrendous time we have been though. My wife cant eat or drink properly and now nearly 6 weeks after finishing the Radiotherapy she can no longer walk properly. She was admitted with Gastritis, and Diverticolitis and picked up Pnuemonia while she was in hospital. She has not got over this properly and was admitted again on Thursday on advice from the G.P. and the Palliative Nurse from the Hospice. She also has now Acute Renal Failure.

I asked the Hospice Nurse about how long they think we have left together and they have given me a Time of about 2 to 3 months. Any more infection and it will be sooner as My Life and Wife is too weak to go through anything else. I am LOST and going around in a Complete daze. If it wasn't for people on this site I wouldn't know where to go next. I Thank You All.

CANCER IS S**T! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So very sorry to hear this. The lost feeling I know very well...I’m still walking around sometimes not even knowing what day it is. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So very sorry to hear this. The lost feeling I know very well...I’m still walking around sometimes not even knowing what day it is. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

• Distance, thank you for the input. I am like that also quite a lot of the time. I fall asleep at stupid hours and wake up not knowing what time it is day or night. It's as hard for us Carers as it is the sufferer. Without the Macmillan Friends I have made on here I would be a walking Zombie. 

God Bless You

BILLYTHEDOG
  • I am sorry to by hear this! I hope you have a few good days together now and maybe a quiet but lovely Christmas for your memories. 

Cancer and the chemo treatment seem to be more to be hard going and it certainly takes its toll on not only the person suffering but those caring! Try and take a few moments for yourself! You sound dead beat! 

Take care x

• Hi Akela2516, Thank you for the reply. Yes sadly I am frazzled. At the moment we are just Living for today, yesterday has gone, and tomorrow is yet to come.

God Bless You

BILLYTHEDOG
  • Take care sometimes it seems the treatment is worse than the disease .Your wife is a testament to how strong people can be under apalling circumstances .I stopped thinking of cancer as a battle a long time ago its a test of endurence against apalling odds  But its also a testament to love even when we cares are angry scared exhausted we keep going because of love in the end its all that matters .Xx

Granny Sue

• Granny Sue, Thank You for such a nice statement.

God Bless You 

BILLYTHEDOG
  • I am so so sorry to hear this. You have been amazing for your wife and she sounds so strong! I hope now that the treatment has stopped you can make some lovely memories together that you can both cherish. 

You're right - cancer can seriously do one! 

Wishing you all the best x

• Thank You JJ. One day at a time eh? While she sleeps I just sit and watch her. Some of the things she says in her sleep makes me laugh and it's silly things like that keeping me going.

You take Care yourself

God Bless x

BILLYTHEDOG