What a Gut Buster!

• 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers

My wife has Small Cell Lung Cancer which she was beating slightly since January 2019. She had all her Chemo and Radiotherapy but was Hospitalised 12 days ago with a perforated Oeasophagus caused by Vomiting after her Radiotherapy. The hospital managed to glue it but she also had what they thought was a Chest Infection. 4 pockets of infection on her Left Lung. They are bashing it with 3 types of Antibiotic, but her Oncologist came and seen us yesterday and has suggested that it could be the Cancer is disguising itself as Infection as all the Blood Culture Tests are normal. It has been known for Small Cell to act like this apparently. If it is the Cancer there is NO MORE treatment available. 5 minutes later he came and crouched beside the bed and asked about resuscitation and what our wishes were. I thought we had beaten this enough to get at least another 2 years together but the way he was talking yesterday I think our Christmas will be ruined!

What a SHOCKER! 

• Hi , sorry to read this and hope that things might not be as bad as it might seem, the oncologist did perhaps not have the best hope but of course they can only be guessing and sometimes they will say the worst because they think honesty is the most important.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Steve. Thanks for that. Results finally came back and its Pneumonia . There is four pockets but things are not Rosie yet. They cant get her Oxygen sats stable for a discharge. She wants to come home!

Thanks Again

BILLYTHEDOG