Carers only

Looking after a loved one with cancer? This is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions. Please remember when posting that this group is for Carers only.

Reaching the end of my rapidly fraying rope!!!

Ggenie74
Posted by

Hi hayley, 

things seemed to have settled for the moment , I had 2 nights with a night sitter so I could get some sleep, and he slept really well last night without the sitter so at least mentally I feel much more myself,  physically I am absolutely knackered,  every part of my body aches, it doesn't help that I have crohn's and pernicious anemia and my B12 injection isn't due until next week,  at least when I have that the fatigue should wane a bit.  They have cancelled his chemo next week as the oncologist wants to see him again first as things have escalated so quickly.  Hopefully next week I'll have more of an idea what to expect going forward and be able to plan, 

Fingers crossed for another good night.

Gill x

Cyprusfan
Posted by

Hi Gill

So glad that you have had 2 nights good sleep and rest. It really makes a different.  I know stress makes our bodies ache like mad. 

It's one appointment after another isn't it. 

Hayley x 

Ggenie74
Posted by

Hi hayley 

You are not wrong there, it's just one thing after another,  I don't think I've ever done so much washing either, unfortunately we have had a few bed wetting issues on top of everything else,  some pads arrived from Amazon today so hopefully that will cut it down, although they are washable they are not as big as sheets act, and I don't own a tumble dryer so everything is hanging on radiators.  It looks like I'm taking in laundry :0)

Ggenie74
Posted by

I have no idea where those emojis come from? 

Cyprusfan
Posted by

I can imagine that is adding to your stress. It's awful. I was onmy thinking today I haven't even given Christmas a thought.