Keep on keeping on

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Martin was so disappointed with the follow up scan after 5 months dab and tram for stage 4 melanoma. Because he felt stronger and fitter it was a shock to hear there were more lesions in the brain ( and in other places too). So now he is on ipilimumab and nivolumab. My main worry is his noticeable loss of memory and self, now he is uncertain of locations when we are hiking and he forgets where he has put things. He is a much older man than he was when he was diagnosed 6 months ago. I did have a wobble today when he wanted to check up on his next appointment for the nth time. So sorry he has this nasty disease. But we have become very close. He says I can do whatever I want, but of course I can’t. Very frustrated that he is not allowed to drive. The driving is getting me down, especially since I wrote off his car in July, which makes me more nervous.

• Hi, I'm so sorry for everything you are going through. This vile disease robs us of our loved ones piece by piece. I understand when you say it has brought you closer to him. After months of him not letting me have a cuddle or hug because his abdomen is uncomfortable he now wants physical contact. He is a lot more easier going now where as he used to be so stubborn and single minded. He still is a little. Our life and horizons seem to be shrinking, I have stopped work for the time being, though yesterday when he went out with his mate I did wonder if it was wise of me. However, he came back exhausted and said it was too much for him., so like you I can't do whatever I want even though they say we can. It's good to hear from people with similar experiences, thank goodness for this forum. I hope you have the best day you can, I am thinking of you. Xx

Love is eternal