Carers only

Looking after a loved one with cancer? This is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions. Please remember when posting that this group is for Carers only.

Marriage falling apart - Husband won't talk about feelings!

Polly62
Posted by

Hi Rags63. I'm so sorry you're not well and have also been having MRI/hospital appointments. Timing eh?  I hope you are ok and it can all be sorted out.

I also hope that the review went well for your OH.  We both know that it isn't your fault about the information you received from the GP - then the letter turning up in the post …. but, again, you were nearest and took the brunt of OH's anger and fear.

My OH has been very unwell with an infection. I have been overwhelmed again with the worry and his anger.  Fortunately he is a lot better and has calmed slightly - but I'm tip-toeing on eggshells the whole time.  It is difficult not to explode at times.

Please let me/everyone know how the review went and I do hope that your own medical problems are sorted out quickly.  You too stay strong, and enjoy the cats company - they are very good listeners??!!

Polly 62
Needing friends
Posted by

Rags, it's so difficult isn't it? You are coping so well even if it doesn't feel like it

I so admire you and wish I could say something to help. My OH, can be a pain as well but not as abusive. On his 70th birthday last week he went with his mate to look at cars when we were supposed to go out. He has since bought a very expensive one without me even seeing it. He  should be waiting for a gp phonecall but goes to the pub with a friend. As you say, we can understand that they are feeling powerless and afraid in facing this disease, but we have feelings too. Sister, I salute you xx

Needing friends
Posted by

Rags, it's so difficult isn't it? You are coping so well even if it doesn't feel like it

I so admire you and wish I could say something to help. My OH, can be a pain as well but not as abusive. On his 70th birthday last week he went with his mate to look at cars when we were supposed to go out. He has since bought a very expensive one without me even seeing it. He  should be waiting for a gp phonecall but goes to the pub with a friend. As you say, we can understand that they are feeling powerless and afraid in facing this disease, but we have feelings too. Sister, I salute you xx

Rags63
Posted by

Hi Polly62 and Needing Friends

I am ok, arthritis in neck that's all/stiff neck all time/going to inject steroids - but nothing compared to our OH's problems! Am so sorry to hear of your OH's infection Polly62 but pleased to hear he is on the mend! Needing Friends - men are Sooo blooming selfish!!!  How is it that they can be horrible to us, then suddenly lovely to everyone else!!

Well, it appears OH is ok - blood markers went up from a 4 to 5 but didn't seem concerned and latest CT scan all clear but needs colonoscopy to confirm all is well.  OH was in really good mood afterwards, although obviously still concerned that Colonoscopy will also show all is well. Had one day of him being all happy!

Unfortunately his job not going well/ more pressure so am up against his moods yet again!!! Am Soo fed up that tonight I just sat on sun lounger after work and saw him come out to garden and just ignored him!  Always me asking how he is feeling yet never asks about how I am!  It's Friday - I work in a really hectic environment with badly behaved children so chillaxing with a very large Pinot in my hand!!

Am trying to switch off and not get upset!! Soo hard though and feel for you both!!!! We were ok until Cancer struck! 

Take care all.  Big cyber hugs and love xx