Carers only

Looking after a loved one with cancer? This is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions. Please remember when posting that this group is for Carers only.

Crying

Lucyrose
Posted by

The first thing I notice is the time of your post! Like me you don't seem to get a lot of sleep. 

I lost my husband to leukaemia 12 years ago and that was a shock because he had never been I'll in his life. His illness was short and didn't give me much time to prepare for life without him. I thought I would never get over it but I did to a degree and after 3 years met a wonderful man who us my current partner. We have been together for 9 years, but cruelly that is do on to end.he has been battling cancer for 3 years and now is probs my I  his last week. He hasn't eaten anything for 4 weeks. Why does it always happen to the best. He has given me probably the best years of my life but I'm not sure I knew that until now. He has never done anyone any harm.i think I am in a bubble at the moment and can't quite believe it's happening. I still pray for a miracle.  I live in Dorset and am fortunate enough to be able to walk to the sea every evening and marvel at the wonder of nature. But although it's a beautiful world we live in, it's a cruel world too. 

We are tested in so many ways. Our strength stretched to the limits. 

My children are 47 and 44 and both have families giving me 5 wonderful grandchildren. Sadly my partner has no family.  They are everything to me and I can't even comprehend being where you are right now. All you can do is be there for them all, they will need you to be strong but that's so much easier said than done.

Let me know how things progress for you. I think it helps to share if you can and especially so to done one who us going through something similar. Know  you are never alone. 

Love and hugs to you and your daughter

Xxxxx