Carers only

Looking after a loved one with cancer? This is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions. Please remember when posting that this group is for Carers only.

Just for a change, good news

LoobyLou49
Posted by

Hi All,

Sometimes I hold back from good news, given what everyone is going through, but I thought perhaps it's good for a change to share it. My husband's consultant said 'looks like we've turned a corner'. His prostate cancer is 'under control'. I know it's aggressive and that different 'treatment will be needed in the future', but for now I'm mentally doing somersaults of joy. Oh how wonderful it is not to be filled with worry and to have three months' grace before further tests. I wish you all a good Monday.

Lots of love,

LoobyLou   

If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

PatienceP
Posted by

Thank you so much for sharing your good news LoobyLou49, I am so happy for you and your post has helped to lift my spirits and feel hopeful.

PatienceP
(Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4 v8)
mandajayne
Posted by

That's lovely news xx

never give up hope
catcrazy4
Posted by

After the crud week we had last week here at home it is wonderful to hear some good news. SO pleased for you both, revel in it LoobyLou!!

Love and hugs to all carers and their loved ones xx

I dance like no ones watching, yep I'm the crazy lady in the middle of the dancefloor!

LoobyLou49
Posted by

Thank you , I will! And I hope with all my heart that you have a better week.

Love and hugs,

LoobyLou   

If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Granny Sue
Posted by

Amazing news so pleased kong may it continue 

Granny Sue

Sunflowers15
Posted by

LoobyLou49, that's wonderful news and I'm glad you've shared it. We are at an unexpected place in our journey with my husbands cancer currently stable now for 6 months- long may this continue for both our husbands x

LoobyLou49
Posted by

Absolutely agree

Love and hugs,

LoobyLou