Caring for mum

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi folks,

So my mum was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 2 years ago and after a full hysterectomy and a few radiotherapy treatments she was given the all clear. The entire family was relieved and knew that the follow ups were going to have us on edge slightly, however ththey never came. We chased and chased through our GP and various services and didn’t get a follow up. She was supposed to be prescribed a hormone replacement medication which should slow any progression of any cancerous cells left, which was also missed completely and we chased this as well. Just feel that the NHs has failed us massively.

After a scan from an unrelated issue it was discovered that the cancer had returned and in severe along with several blood clots around her body. 

It has been around a month since this and my mum is deteriorating quickly, and it is killing me to watch. I have been strong for the sake of her  and the family but I feel like I’m loosing it and a grip of my life at the moment. I just don’t know where or what to do anymore.

Sorry for the ramblings but just need to vent somewhere! 

Cheers, 

Albert

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, just wanted to say vent away! Sounds pretty pants to me so I feel for your mum, you and your family. Just be aware there are lots of us out here in same or similar situations so its a nice safe place to vent. Its also nice to know you're not alone and can get support from other carers.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks very much, I am just starting to look at various places for support or even just a chat and a vent!