What a waste of time

• 3 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi, we had appointment with oncologist today for scan results and what a surprise no results. To be honest I expected this to be the case. This has happened to us three times now. Husbands cancer diagnosis was incurable from the start 2 plus years ago now so obviously we wanted the results. What a waste of the doctors time, my husbands and my time  never mind the added emotional stress this causes to my husband and self. Im quite annoyed, will go cut grass now to let off some steam. 

• That is awful! I sometimes wonder if the medics appreciate how stressful it is waitng for results. How time consuming and expensive it can be going to hospital. I really understand why you are so annoyed. I hope you still have some grass left and that you are feeling calmer now x

• I feel your pain, my Man was diagnosed with lung cancer in April last year, thankfully early due to routine scans due to his c.o.p.d etc, we had hope. We found out in Oct it is terminal, can't be helped I guess but the whole procedure has been so slow, treatment seems to take too long and I often wonder if he would be palliative "care" had treatment been quicker. Most of the medical staff have been brilliant but the processes have been far from that - seemingly taking in the issue of the need for physical care but certainly not the mental health of the patiwn, or those of us that are going through this journey and poor outcome, with him.xx

K.T.M x

• Hi, yes still some grass left and feeling calmer (although it took a while). I had booked a holiday off work to go with husband, put the kids in breakfast club to be told no scan results at an appointment that had been booked 3 months prior specifically for scan results. I had even had to chase the hospital up for the scan again not the first time I have had to do this either. I agree with the comment about the processes been at fault most of the medical staff have been brilliant. My husband has been through enough both physically and mentally now we have to wait for another 2 weeks as they were booked up probably from people like us who have had wasted prior appointments. I have now told him we will not be attending a scan results appointment for a good 3 to 4 weeks after the scan to avoid this happening a fourth time as in the past I have queried wether the results will be in to be met with assurances that they will definitely have them then attending the appointment to be told no results. Again I reiterate - what a waste of time and in inparticualrly my husbands precious time!