Sore - Tong!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hi 

My wife is 29 Years of age and has been diagnosed with Sarcoma Cancer - Rhabdomyosarcoma 

The Cancer starts in her nose and spread to her neck - We have traces in her spine - But these showed on the MRI and not on the PET... lord knows if thats a good thing or not at the moment... She started a intense chemo just over a month ago and we have had 2 x residential visits with one more to come before the retest.... 

Were both strong and in a good frame of mind and taking each day as it comes - but after nothing like this in the family ever this is a whole new eye opening experience ...  - now I have that off my chest - my question mainly is the side effect she is proper struggling with the most is an extremely sore tong - any suggestions to help this...

We have tried - 

* A prescribed Mouthwash which tastes awful! 

* Ice lollies and ices cream - This is favorite so far! 

* Cucumber! - temp does the trick

Any other suggestions - Grateful!!! 

ALSO - anyone else feel they will wake up one day and this all be a frigging nightmare!!!! 

• Hi and welcome to the community though sorry to hear about your wife. As you probably know sarcoma is one of the rarer forms of cancer you can see a lot about if here and also on the sarcoma uk website, as well as in our Soft tissue sarcomas forum - my wife has Leiomyosarcoma so similar but different.

When my wife was ill she got through a lot of ice, on the flavour front people also try ginger sweets.

Dealing with your emotions can also be quite tricky, I did a livin with less stress course that really helped me. 

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge