Journeys end

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 19 replies
  • 50 subscribers

At 3.40pm yesterday the 3rd of April I had lo let my sweet Diane go. I lost her to this terrible thing that had constantly eaten away at her for two and a half years. Every day seemed like another battle in a war that we knew we could never win. It changed us all in one way or another. 

The first six months I was so angry, why us! Just when we were reaching a time when we had a bit of money, kids moved out,  spare time and plans to knock out of all the things we would like to do or places to see. Why us! Why my beautiful Diane who had never hurt anyone? 

So finally we got past that bit, buckled down and started to fight. You all know how it goes and none of it is good. In fact it was shit for most of the time. Chemo may have slowed the spread of her diagnosed stage 4 cancer in both lunges but it sure beat the shit out of my lovely Diane too. But hey everyone here caring for their partner doesn't need me to tell you that.

After a seemingly endless battle the treatment had to stop  Her weak and battered body couldn't take any more. But the battles didn't end there they came harder and faster now. You name it plural effusions, sepsis and then pain came along to join in so that even breathing was painful. 

My mistake was that I thought the end would be easy. Meybe easy is not the right word but I thought I have had the best part of three years now to get my head around what will happen in the end. 

Big mistake

Big Big mistake .

I lost her at 3.50 pm yesterday on the 3rd April 2019. She went into the Wisdom Hospice in Rochester  I went with her and and cared for her there as if we were at home. She only agreed to go the if I promised never to leave her on her own so I slept in a chair beside her holding her hand so I knew when she woke and needed anything. By now she could hardly talk as the cancer spread further into her one good lung. 

Our wedding anniversary is on my birthday. We did that so I had no excuse to forget it. It's on 4th April. Today... But she is not here. I had to walk away and leave her behind and it's hurting so much. 

The last proper sentence she managed was at 1 am yesterday she asked what day it was. I told her to which she replied "I'm sorry I won't be there" 

She didn't wake up again and passed at 3.50 that afternoon. 

I woke this morning to a crushing realisation I'm on my own. All I can see are her big dark eyes the last time she looked at me as if trying to tell me something. 

Happy anniversary my sweet sweet baby

Diane 1/12/1964 to 3/4/2019

Love you forever x

• Grampy66, I  am so sorry to read of your loss of your wife Diane. The love you have for her shines through your post. I hope you dont mind me adding Happy anniversary to you both - she is still with you but in a different way 

• So sorry for your loss words are so inadequate at a times but just to let you know you are supported and the memory of your beatilful wife will never be forgetten . She will have known how much you loved her and that would have been so important to her .Cancer takes so much but it cant destroy true love .Take care and look after yourself lots of hugs xx

Granny Sue

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Grampy66

i am so sorry to read your post, your love & devotion for Diane comes across very clear and your pain must be immensely suffocating right now. 

Please know that your precious wife will always be part of you despite what this awful disease does to try and break us, sending much love on your anniversary

• Dear ,

I am so sorry for your loss. You speak such beautiful words of your love and sorrow; I can only imagine the pain you are in, and at such a cruel time.

Thinking of you and sending warmest hugs,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear

I was so sorry to read your story and send my deep condolences in the passing of your wife. Your devotion to the end must have been a great comfort to your wife in her last hours.

When you feel ready and are able to I would like to invite you to join our Bereaved spouses and partners forum group where the members give great support to each other and I'm sure you'll made to feel very welcome.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you today.

Ian

• What is love?     I just read your post and that IS what love is.......in every word.......I wept as I read......

there are no words I can write that can touch your loss, i send them anyway.  May you find peace in time, may you find comfort and may she be at peace.  Truly heartbreaking.  Sending love xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I just want to send you a hug

what lovely lovely words she was obviously a very special lady who had a very special man who loved her very much

much love xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to deebo

Me neither i just babble so don't let it stop you saying what you are feeling. Don't think for one minute you have to be proper. spell it right and put full stops in the right place and be all polite. shit the love of my life has been telling me for years i swear too much but hey that's me.

If you feel like shit then you feel like shit. type away and tell everyone on here and a guarantee you will feel a little better, even if only for a while. if nothing else it passes the time. talking of which i'm writing this to you at half one in the morning because trying to sleep has been a waste of time for the last couple of weeks.

i think much of life is basically shit but with a few pockets of wonderful loveliness 

So deebo get tapping away and let it out x

ill read it Slight smile

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

She was claire thank you and i do love her very much xx