A respite for 3 months

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hello all

Haven't posted for a while but do go in and look at the site.

We or rather my partner has had a break from all treatment for 3 months now.Just got the date for another scan next month.

Feeling a bit worried and here we go again? Probably it will be okay though. Already the after effects of both chemo and radiation is still there.Sickness ,tired,grumpy! Eating well though as he has throat cancer.

He is bad today and won't talk to me? Thinking it might come back I suppose.

Reaching out to you all.

Hugs from Fifinet.

• In same boat waiting for scans to see if 2nd brain met has been dealt with scans c.t to check body still free from diesease and m.r.i to see if radiotheraphy was sucessful .Been a lot harder this round of treatment Bill hasnt bounced  back like before .He has acessed a weekly day service at the local hospice which has really helped .He still gets a lot of pain from original op oesphagectomy 2016 which has been put down to neuropathic pain around rib they have recently doubled his pregabalin .But the pain has been worse and he has been breathless when walking .So last Thursday he saw hospice docter and she has put him on steroids which has helped she did say it was either inflamation from the oesphagectomy or possibly more cancer .As he has now had 4 since Feb 2016 we are quite anxious  though he seems resigned .Its horrible isnt it hope scans are positive and we have a bit more quality time together just keep going what else can you do lots of hugs xx

Granny Sue

• Dear Granny Sue

Thanks for writing back to me.You are going through a lot too.It is hard isn't it?Day by day is all we can do. We have good and bad days.

Worrying about the scan and waiting again for results,seems never ending.

Good luck with everything

Hugs

Fifinet

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Fifinet

Yes, three months since he came out of hospital after the lung resection. so time for some more scans......

Sometimes I think I can't bear it going on and on - but the alternative would be much worse.

<Love to you both, and to everyone who is watching and waiting and hoping and praying.

xxxNiobe