I just feel so alone

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 45 subscribers

we have had a good day out today, visited a museum and had tea out. I’ve kept a brave face all day then went to bed and started crying. My partner does not want to talk about his cancer and that is fine, I was talking to him about maybe having a few days away and he said he doesn’t want to rush about and do things and go away which we wouldn’t normally do this time of year just because he has cancer, I really don’t know what to do or say as I get his point but also know this is incurable and want him to have some quality of life, he is spending most days of the last 6 weeks on his game console alone

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Smartie9 I am in a very similar situation, and have posted my first post on here yesterday and the response has  helped me feel a bit less alone, best wishes to you Kitty

• Hi both,

I ended up doing a living with less stress course that really helped me to keep my focus on the here and now and appreciate what I have rather than live a life where I am trying to think "what will I do when..." - those dark thoughts are both not generally helpful or indeed come to pass - though once in a while something comes at you out of the blue and knocks you for six - then the conscious breathing stuff we were taught comes in to play to step back, get some control and then step up to the challenge.

Plenty of people on here to keep us company - and the support can be just wonderful.

One of my sayings that really helps sometimes, yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that is why they call it the present.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to src60

Hi Steve

how do I go about getting enrolled into living with less stress course? Is it through Macmillan? 

Thanks about the motto, I will keep telling myself that and hopefully it will rationalise my feelings.

karen

• Karen

I did mine through Maggies with the plus point that the people involved on the course were all cancer affected. You might find some group using our in your area tool  and they might be a good starting point too and you can always ring the helplne here 0808 808 0000 it is open 8am-8pm everyday.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge