Very sad day

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Today me i was told that mum has gotten worse, she has a infection and had deteriorated in the last 24/48 hours. She saw the doctor and the nurse who both agreed that mum has days left to live. I am very grateful for being informed but on the other hand i was stunned at how quickly she had got 2 be so bad. 

I knew it would happen i thought i had come to terms with it but as i was being told it was like everything went in slow motion i dont really know what i was being told, i juat heard the nurses talk 2 me. All i could think about is how i wanted my mum and what will i do without her. When i saw her it felt different the room felt different. 

When we got home i sat down and thought about all the times i wanted 2 tell her something but didn't !! Now i won't get the chance. The mile stones my daughter has 2 come , the times we have talked and cried my mum wont be their for any of it. 

• Sorry to read this, infections often make things much worse really quickly and can be very hard to fight off on top of everything else. Your feelings in these circumstances are very common and people sometimes refer to it as pre-grief. Even at such a late stage though it is very difficult to get a prognosis correct,

Hope you manage to get some more time with your mum and are able to talk out some of the things you want to say. Do remember to look after yourself too, we often overlook ourselves. How is your daughter managing too?

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge