Cancer treatments

Share experiences and get support about any types of cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, biological or hormonal therapies, transplants, and clinical trials.

My story began in 2011

Sooty36
Posted by

Just went for regular mammogram and then THE letter came - had a biopsy on my left breast and there was 4mm of calcification! Had mastectomy and immediate reconstruction - complete nightmare.My breast started to split... my mother was in Scotland nearing the end of her life - I insisted that I was going to see her one last time. Consultant not too happy but gave me a load of dressings so I dressed it myself! Immediately after I came back, reconstruction was removed... mum died a week later.. 

two years later I found a lump on my neck - it was back - mets in neck and lungs. Did 18 weeks Paclitaxel and it zapped most of it. Then went onto Letrozole - then that stopped working. So they put me on Herceptin injections for over 2 years - until that stopped working!’

In November 2017 I had a burst gastric ulcer(that I didn’t know I had!)..  Week in hospital. Then January 2018 I was peeing pure blood - back in hospital for 45 litres of iirrigation!

Got over that and they put me on Capecitabine - which gave me a heart attack! Got over that... AND THEN 

On 27 September last year I had a stroke! The worst thing I have ever been through. With the super of my family, friends and God I made a good recovery / but couldn’t have chemo until I was fit enou for it. It was 6 months later and s CT scan showed that the lung mets were growing. I’m now on EC Chemotherapy (which can cause strokes!) and my next scan is 22 May.  I think my Oncologist is runni out of options and that scares me the most.

ive been fighting for so long - I have found a strength and determination (along with a lot of laughter!) and pure bloody-mindness in me and my belief that God is fighting my corner...

i have itchy eyes, peripheral neuropathy and my hair is falling out! But I’ve got a fantastic wig!

I HAVE ALSO GOT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY AND WONDERFUL FRIENDS  - 4 GRANDSONS AND A GRANDDAUGHTER DUE ANY TIME! I AM NOT FINISHED WITH THIS DISEASE YET! THR MOUNTAIN IS GOING INTO THE SEA!!

To all of you fighting - keep fighting - keep laughing - keep your identity - I wish you all the love in the world in your battle... Luv n hugs