Cancer treatments

Share experiences and get support about any types of cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, biological or hormonal therapies, transplants, and clinical trials.

breast pain whilst receiving chemo

dizzynat
Posted by

Hi there

I had a right mastectomy and auxilary gland removal and left lumpectomy and partial sinetel gland removal in December 2018. Was six weeks yesterday. I started FEC-T on Friday 18 January and am exiencing sore breasts where operations were. I had been sleeping well before the chemo started but now cant sleep I think due to positioning. I massage and drain fluid twice a day and have been king up with my physio exercises although cant do walking the wall. Anyone got any advice. Reconstruction nurse tells me this is normal just wondered if anyone had any hints to help me.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort and whilst I can't answer your question I thought it might be an idea if you joined and posted in the breast cancer group. It's a very friendly group and I'm sure there'll be people there who can share their experiences with you.

If you'd like to join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'Join This Group' on the page that opens. Once you've joined you can then respond to existing posts by choosing 'Reply'  or copy and paste your question from here into a new post after clicking on 'Start A Discussion'.

When you have a minute it would be really helpful if you could complete your profile as it really helps others when answering, or looking for other people with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself . To do this just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?